Thursday, March 24, 2011

Paris

Sorry for the long time without any posts but I've been a tad busy lately.  Anyway, this past weekend my friend and I went to Paris for a nice relaxing weekend seeing the sites.  I had already been to Paris when I went in high school for a week but it was just as fun to go back.  My buddy had not been before so it was a great time going all around with him.  Here's a quick rundown on what we saw and did...The Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Basillica Sacre Couer, L'Arc de Triumphe, the Eiffel Tower, and Versailles on Sunday.  I took a few pictures, but definitely not as many as I should have...maybe I'll post a few later.  As well as doing a lot of walking around the city eating crepes and doing various other things that are French.  Saturday night we went to a highly recommended classic French bistro where I had a delicious steak which came with a side of beef bone marrow.  I've never had beef bone marrow before and was a little apprehensive about it because they serve a section of bone from a cow that has the marrow cooked inside of it.  Sounds disgusting.  Its amazing.  Definitely a new favorite thing that I'll be trying when I can find it at restaurants.  Overall it was a great weekend and quite nice to just be traveling with one other person for once.

This weekend I will be going to Interlaken, Switzerland with big group of friends.  Interlaken is a small mountain town that has tons of outdoor activities and things to do.  My Saturday is going to consist of jumping off a cliff and swinging from a 100 meter long cable through a canyon.  Canyon jumping as its called.  Don't freak out too much, its safe.  I'll take a bunch of pictures and hopefully get a video of me doing it!  Until next time, stay classy USA.

1 comment:

  1. The Louvre, Notre Dame Cathedral, Basilica Sacre Cover, L'Arc De Triumph, the Eiffel Tower, and Versailles are best places to visit in Paris. I liked Versailles garden most.
    road trip france

    ReplyDelete