Monday, March 28, 2011

Interlaken, Switzerland

This past weekend I took a long train ride up into the Swiss Alps to the great little town of Interlaken.  Interlaken is a small ski town, but big enough to have lots to do for all of the tourists that swarm it.  My friends and I all decided that we should do the one thing that everyone who had gone there recommended...canyon jumping.  Canyon jumping is essentially bungee jumping but instead of a bungee cord, you jump off with a normal climbing rope and when the free fall ends you swing through a canyon like a big rope swing instead of bouncing up and down on a bungee cord.  Standing at 280feet up on a little platform on top of cliff with a small canyon in between two rock faces I jumped off and had a 3-4 second freefall before swinging from this 80 meter long rope.  This is one of the coolest things I have ever done.  Definitely one of the most fun things I've done since being abroad.  If I could, I would go back and jump again in a heartbeat.  Pictures are from the professional photographer.


CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO


CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES












































No comments:

Post a Comment